1. Barbie is set to don burkha in a latest avatar to celebrate her 50th anniversary. Wearing the traditional Islamic dress, the iconic doll is going undercover for a charity auction in connection with Sotheby's for Save The Children. Italian designer Eliana Lorena is behind Barbie's new look. In this file photo, a little girl is seen sitting next to her Razanne doll at her home in Michigan. Razanne is all about modesty and piety compared to Barbie's gelled and buffon-coiffed beau flaunts. Now Barbie gal is also joining the burkha club!
2. A modern version of the original Barbie doll from 1959 is pictured in Malibu, California as part of her fiftieth anniversary.
3. The "Chat Divas Barbie" from Mattel.
4. Barbie wearing board shorts, a bikini top, metal hoop earrings, and with a deeper tan to better reflect her new single status after her break up with Ken.
5. Barbie High School Musical displayed at the American International Toy Fair in New York.
6. Elvis and Priscilla Barbie dolls displayed at Graceland in Memphis.
7. 'Lady Liberty Barbie' exhibited as part of '50 years Barbie and Lego' in the fair Basel in Basel.
8. Barbie & The Diamond Castle displayed at the American International Toy Fair.
9. The Barbie collection of Roberta Ceccarelli displayed at her "Barbie museum" in Ostia, Rome. Ceccarelli collects Barbie dolls since 1986 and has about 1000 dolls.